Follow by Email

Friday, January 11, 2013

Aron and Anna (Klassen) Dyck history

Aron and Anna Dyck were farmers in the Clarkboro area of Saskatchewan near the South Saskatchewan River. Aron met and married Anna Klassen on November 11, 1928. Their married life started out in a sod house near Clarboro, Sk. Clarkboro was about 7 minutes west of Aberdeen, SK, it was a small village at that time. It had a railway station and a water tower for the steam engines, as well it had a small general store with a post office. Later on Aron and Anna took up homesteading in the Mildred, Sk area, back in the dry 30’s. In 1941 they moved to Leidhel’s house across the river from Clarkboro into a place called Clark’s Crossing. From there they moved back to the east side of the river to cousin Aron Dyck’s place. They rented this place for some time, then they obtained possession of a small acreage north of Aron Dyck’s place, along the rivers edge. There they built a small house. Aron’s mother (Maria Peters-Dyck) lived with them for a time at this place. In 1949 they
bought a quarter section of land from Carl Grouse. The land location was SW¼ Sec 5 TW39 R3 W3. They lived there until Aron’s passing in the winter of 1965. Anna then moved into Aberdeen and rented a house for a short time before buying her own home on the west side of town. She lived there till her passing in October 1980.
**The house of Aron and Anna’s on the farm burnt down in 1965**
Through the course of their married life they had 11 children. They now have many grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment